First of all, the 1500w handlaser welding machine is the best seller in our past sales.
In a handheld laser welder, lasers account for more than 65% of the cost.
In recent years, with the maturity of laser manufacturing technology and cost optimization, the supply price of low power civilian fiber lasers has dropped significantly compared to the previous ones. This has also made the sales price of handheld laser welders more acceptable to customers.
More and more small and medium-sized companies are using handheld laser welders.
However, there is still a large price difference between handheld laser welders of different power.
The difference between a 1000W and a 1500 w laser welding machine can be 25%-30%， between a 1000W and a 2000w laser welding machine can be 40%+.
For a laser machine worth thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars, a 40% difference is a significant expense.
Therefore, there will be many first time laser welding machine customers who are hesitant between different powers.
Here, as a professional laser welding machine supplier. I would like to make some suggestions to our customers.
- Do not choose a 500w laser welding machine. Until a few years ago, 500W handheld laser welders had a big price advantage. As the cost of supply has dropped, the difference between a 500W handheld laser welder and a 1000w handheld laser welder is no longer significant. And a 1000w laser welder can weld materials that a 500w laser welder can't reach.
- If you weld stainless steel, carbon steel, galvanized sheet within 0-2.0mm in most cases, and 2.0-3.0mm in a few cases for these materials, then the 1000w handheld fiber laser welding machine can meet your needs. Because by turning down the rate, the welding depth will increase. With a 1000W laser, the melting depth can reach 3mm when the welding speed is slightly lower than the normal welding rate.
- If you want to weld stainless steel, carbon steel, galvanized plate with thickness of 2.0-3.5mm in most cases and 3.5-4.5mm in few cases for these materials, then choosing 1500w handheld laser welding machine can meet your needs.
- If the thickness of the welded workpiece is between 3.5-5.0mm (stainless steel, carbon steel, galvanized sheet) and occasionally reaches 5.0-6.5mm, then the 2000w laser welding machine is your best choice.
- If the material you want to weld is not stainless steel, carbon steel, etc., but aluminum, aluminum alloy, copper, etc. We suggest you contact our technical support in advance to mutually confirm more data and find out the most favorable choice for you.